Architectural Commercial Film
The Ultimate Solution For Glazing
At the Window Film Centre we use Llumar window films, and are an approved fitment centre (AFC) for Llumar.
Our window films can be used to upgrade the performance of existing glazing-a modern retrofit technology at a fraction of the cost of glazing system replacement.
Llumar window film can help upgrade standard glazing to provide:
- Energy efficiency: Resulting in energy savings on heating and cooling
- Solar protection: up to 80% rejection of summer heat gain
- UV protection glazing: 99% UV protection
- Glare reduction: up to 90% reduction in glare
- Safety and protection: Impact protection, resistance to manual attack, blast mitigation & anti-graffiti
- Decoration or privacy
Even when equipped with state-of-the-art insulating and low-e glass, which lowers winter heating costs, buildings still are often overheated during the summer. llumar films can help lower the amount of heat passing through almost any window.
- Improved occupant comfort resulting from lower room temperature
- Optimized working conditions
- Reduced expenditure on energy to operate air conditioning systems
- Increased occupant productivity with less fatigue
Llumar solar control films can help reduce excess heat in the summer, and Llumar low-emissivity films can also help to reduce heat loss in the winter.
- Heat insulation
- Reduced heating and cooling costs
- Environmental protection through reduced energy use.
UV protection films help reduce the fading of furniture and helps delay the spoiling of consumable merchandise. Achieved by helping to block harmful UV rays from penetrating the glass and reducing excess heat. UV protection films are also used in museums to help protect works of art ad other historical and cultural artefacts.
- Protection from UV rays
- Fade protection
- Skin Protection
Bright natural light can create difficult conditions due to glare and reflections on computer or TV screens
- Glare reduction
- Optimized working conditions
- Eye protection
- Increased productivity with less fatigue
Decorative & Design
Living and office spaces can be designed to individual specifications, and glass walls can be equipped with the desired decorative effects such as etched glass. For these the Window Film Centre offers transparent, tinted, fully coloured and patterned films.
- Matte or etched glass look
- Consistent, aesthetically appealing design or facades and large glass surfaces.
- Simple, favourably-priced individualisation.
Glass-enclosed spaces create and open atmosphere, but frequently also invite attention from prying eyes. Decorative and mirror films help minimise this effect and protect your privacy. On-way mirror films are also available.
- Partial or full privacy protection
- Some films maintain privacy while still enabling a clear view of the outside.
Safety & Security
Installing window film can help to increase personal safety by the reduction of risk of injury from broken glass. Existing glazing can be upgraded to meet EN12600 impact classifications, enabling the glazing to meet requirements (I.e for offices, schools, nurseries, sports facilities and public buildings etc)
Safety films considerably increase the resistance of glass to breakage and vandalism and helps to reduce hazard from explosion shock waves.
- Increased glass durability
- Helps to hold broke pieces of glass together-greater protection from break-ins
Anti-Graffiti window film is now a front-running solution to cost effectively mitigate damage. These specially designed films, nearly invisible once installed, provide a removable, sacrificial surface that can reduce or eliminate the need for expensive glass replacement. A single replacement of just one window can exceed the cost of film installation many times over.